After successful festivals in Canada in 2011, and the USA in 2013, the World Festival of Vietnamese Traditional Music makes its debut in Australia in August this year. We are connecting the greater Vietnamese diaspora through music and promoting knowledge of Vietnamese traditional music to the wider community.
The Festival Organising Committee invites submissions on Vietnamese traditional music related to the theme of Beyond Tradition. They will be presented at the Festival during 14 -15 August 2015 in Sydney Australia.
- Research papers: 20 minutes presentation and 10 minutes question time
- Practical workshops: 45 minutes
- Lectures: 30 minutes presentation and 10 minutes question time
- Recitals: 30 – 45 minutes
We welcome papers addressing the following topics:
• Preserving and promoting Vietnamese traditional music in the Twenty-First century
• Changes in performance practice of Vietnamese traditional music
• Vietnamese traditional music in its historical and social contexts
• Western music with Vietnamese cultural influences
• Vietnamese instrumental techniques
• New compositional directions in Vietnamese traditional music
Other topics are also welcome.
Guidelines for submissions:
Scholars and performers are invited to submit 200 word abstracts to the General Secretary at email@example.com. All submissions must be received by 23 May 2015. Applicants will be informed of acceptance by 1 June 2015.
The Festival Organising Committee